In today’s time often its hard to decipher information. With so many platforms available to market and try to create a fan base it can be quit difficult to decide which on is best for you as an artist. The key to your success is to first be armed with your demographics of what audience you would like to appeal to. Once you are armed with this information you can then use this post to help decide which social platform best fits your needs and stick with your decision.
Facebook User Statistics:
Facebook has more than a billion active users:
- The platform has 1.71 billion monthly active users and 1.13 billion daily active users, on average.
- Facebook boasts 1.57 billion mobile monthly active users and 1.03 million mobile daily active users, on average.
- Facebook Lite, an app designed for the developing world’s slower internet connections, has 100 million monthly active users.
But it’s a small world after all:
- Everyone on Facebook is connected to one another by an average of 3.57 degrees of separation.
Average friends per user:
- The average Facebook user has 155 friends (but would only turn to four of them in a crisis).
- Women have more Facebook friends on average than men: 166 compared to 145.
Total Number of Monthly Active Twitter Users:
Total Number of Tweets sent per Day:
Percentage of Twitter users on Mobile:
Number of Twitter Daily Active Users:
500 million active monthly users
40 billion photos to date and share an average of 95 million photos and videos per day
80% of Instagram users come from outside of the U.S.
Instagram is used by 31% of American women and 24% of men
Total Number of Monthly Active Users:
Total Number of Daily Active Snapchat Users:
Percentage of US Social Media users that Use Snapchat:
Number of Snaps Created Everyday (Photos & Videos):
Average Time Spent per User on Daily Basis:
- Google+ users spend an average of 3:46 per visit
- 22% of online adults visit Google+ at least once a month
- 30% of smartphone users utilize the Google+ app at least once a month
- The average sales order for a visitor referred from Google+ is $40
Here are a few demographic stats of interest, again from Statistic Brain:
- 28% of Google+ users are age 15-34
- 26.3% of Google+ users are female
- 73.7% of Google+ users are male
- 40% of marketers use Google+
- 70% of brands have a presence on Google+